Pubble SaaS Ireland Ltd. (Chatify, React Live, Pubble) is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Chatify / React Live / Pubble is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional accessibility considerations
Our goal is WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance, we have also applied some Level AAA (ex. limited usage of widget with screen readers for use by the visually impaired).
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Chatify / React Live / Pubble. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Chatify / React Live / Pubble:
- Visitor / Postal address: 4100, Avenue 4000, Airport Business Park, Cork, Ireland
- Chatify Twitter: @chatifyHQ
- Pubble Twitter: @pubbleio
- React Live Twitter: @reactlive
- We try to respond to feedback within 24hrs.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Chatify / React Live / Pubble is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Compatible with ChromeVox Classic Extension for Google Chrome
- Compatible with MacOS VoiceOver
- Compatible with Windows 10 Narrator
Chatify / React Live / Pubble compatiblity note:
- Compatibility may vary for Browsers (Edge, Chrome, Safari, FireFox) that are 3 versions or more behind latest release.
Accessibility of Chatify / React Live / Pubble relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and Alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Chatify / React Live / Pubble, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Chatify / React Live / Pubble:
1. User Image Uploads: Uploaded images may not have text alternatives because The user does not have the option to add alt text when uploading an image.. This is not a major issue. As the user uploading the image is likely to already know what the image is.
2. Event guests and moderators information (applies to event apps ONLY): The moderators names are not easily accessible. because We prioritise the notification from the top bar, so users have better access to that section. Making everything available by keyboard navigation will alter the experience and will take user away from widget's primary goal. Minor issue. If required, post a question asking for the Moderators to be named.
3. Poll Card (applies to event apps ONLY): At the moment we don't support keyboard navigation and voting. because The structure of the card makes hard to deploy a focus trap there.. working on implementing asap. Skip vote cards.
4. Like Action (applies to event apps ONLY): User cannot browse to Like icon by keyboard because Focus trap inside card. We prioritise the quick navigation of data because of the amount of data.. Working on implementation. Skip liking for now (not an essential feature).
5. Other User Image Uploads (applies to event apps ONLY): Uploaded images may not have text alternatives because The user does not have the option to add alt text when uploading an image.. We will add the option to alt text for uploads.. If this is deemed a major issue, disable image uploads in events.
6. MacOS Voice Over: The tool will try to read DOM structure on some of the elements and ignore ARIA. because Some elements are not presented accurate on hover and hidden HTML DOM elements are considered visible ignoring ARIA hidden property . Working towards matching DOM to what is visible in UI, injecting code using JS and gradually reducing dependencies of faux classes for hiding tag elements from UI. MacOS Voice Over functions but may see some issues.
Pubble SaaS Ireland Ltd. (Chatify, React Live, Pubble) assessed the accessibility of Chatify / React Live / Pubble by the following approaches:
An evaluation report for Chatify / React Live / Pubble is available at: Evaluation Report
An evaluation statement for Chatify / React Live / Pubble is available at: Evaluation Statement
As always, if you have any questions, just send us a message and we will be happy to help!
Created on 19/03/2020 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.